Thursday, October 6, 2011

TMT






It's here again.  I've skipped a few weeks due to vacation and other stuff.  I'll post about vacation soon - it was great!


1. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the cash?
I'm actually super prepared to answer this one because we've been buying lottery tickets at work for a year and we have weekly discussions about how much we'll each win and how we'll use it.  So, my answer really depends on how much I'll win.  Let's say it's like $100M.  I'd set $ aside for family members and friends (college funds, houses, cars, pay off debt).   About $500K would get spent on vehicles for me:  a big-ass RV and a little Mini-Cooper to pull behind it, a Suburban with all the bells and whistles, a smaller camper to pull behind the Suburban, and a nice sedan for every day driving.  I'd buy the Suburban first though so I can pack up myself and my dogs when we move to our new farm somewhere around New England, maybe PA or NY.  Or we'll live in the big RV for a bit while I find the perfect farm to buy.  My farm would have a nice house but not super big and a little guest house for friends to stay in.  Nice barn, new fencing, nice flock of sheep, a couple of horses.  100 acres would do it, I think.  I'd travel a lot in the winter when I couldn't work dogs.  I wouldn't live extravagantly or anything though.

2. After winning the lottery would you work a day job?  
No effing way.

3. Do you have any auxiliary dogs?  If not, what would you chose?
No and I'd get one when I win the lottery.  Some cute little dog from a shelter.  

4.  Do you have a favorite crock pot recipe (or other recipe) to share?
I rarely crock pot but I do have a mean chocolate cake recipe.  I'll post it later though, I need to find it first.

Eta: Recipe is below

Sour Milk Chocolate Cake
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs beaten
1 cup soured milk (milk + 1 tbsp lemon juice and let it sit for 15 mins+ until it gets nice and soured)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup boiling water

-cream butter and sugar, add eggs, milk and vanilla
-sift dry ingredients and add 
-add boiling water

bake at 350 for 50 mins (check starting at 45 mins) in a greased and floured pan.  Try not to overcook.  I usually make it in a bundt pan or 9x13 pan; I don't like it as much in regular layer cake pans.
For frosting I usually use the buttercream recipe on the Domino confectioners sugar box.  You know, the make your teeth hurt kind!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, man, I would LOVE to see the choc cake recipe. Yum!!!

    Yeah, I'm thinking about 100 acres too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHOCOLATE!!!!!!! PLEASE POST IT SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete